Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs) have well and truly become a popular alternative to traditional industry and retail accounts. At March 2014, there were more than 528,000 funds run by over one million trustees who controlled $550 billion in assets. The main reasons for establishing these DIY funds are greater control, lower costs, easier strategic implementation and flexibility to acquire alternative assets such as residential and business real property.
SMSFs perform the same role as other funds, by investing contributions and making them available to members on retirement. The difference is, generally, the members of SMSFs are also the trustees - they control the investment of their contributions and the payment of their benefits. With all members being trustees, they are in a position to ensure their interests as members are protected.
What we do at PDD Wealth Management
We have a dedicated SMSF team to cater for all your SMSF needs including advice regarding borrowing to purchase properties, re-contribution strategies, estate planning and salary sacrifice.
The SMSF team includes a SMSF Assoc Specialist Auditor and SMSF Assoc Specialist Adviser. The SMSF Association is recognised as the peak body for professional advisors and the leading association within the SMSF industry in Australia. In addition, our specialist auditors are ASIC registered as legally required.
We receive the latest legislative and regulatory updates from the ATO, ASIC and the SMSF Assoc who analyse the superannuation industry and SMSF sector & PDD have a network of SMSF professionals at their disposal.
PDD Wealth Management can assist with:
- Establishment of SMSF’s
- Assistance with rolling over your existing superannuation accounts
- Assistance with establishment of tax deductible personal insurance within your SMSF
- Tailored structuring and investment advice within SMSF, including:
- Preparation of investment strategies and policies
- Advice on investment product selection and retirement planning
- Advice on incorporating your SMSF into your estate plan
- Advice on structuring your SMSF for tax minimisation
- Advice on the level of life insurance cover required in your SMSF
If you would like to discuss Self Managed Super Funds with our Principal, please contact PDD Advisory Group on 02 6584 2177.
PDD Wealth Management Pty Ltd
Authorised Representatives of GWM Adviser Services
Australian Financial Services Licensee
Registered Office at 105 – 153 Miller Street North Sydney NSW 2060
Financial Services Guide v14